Here is some information for our visitors and newcomers. We look forward to greeting you personally and hope you feel at home.
What kind of church is St. Clare's?
Our beliefs are expressed in our worship, where, with congregational participation, we seek to give praise and thanks to God in the name of Jesus Christ.
What are your service times?
8:30a – A contemplative service of communion with limited music. Vaccination is required.
10:15a – Children’s Faith Formation for ages 2-
10:30a – A joyful service with communion and full congregational singing.
Click here for our COVID policies.
A Coffee Hour follows each Sunday service. Our youth group meets for lunch and a variety of activities following the 10:30 service.
How can I learn more about St. Clare's?
Use our website’s contact page to connect with us. On Sundays, please fill out Welcome (contact) card found on the lectern near the ramp as you enter the sanctuary so we can contact you. This website offers information about our ministries for Children, Youth and Adults, our Music, our Worship, Recent Sermons, St. Clare’s Events and News, our Outreach work and more. After each Sunday service, we have a Coffee Hour which provides a great way to meet and ask any questions you may have. Please join us in fellowship and introduce yourself. We want to get to know you. In addition, information on upcoming educational opportunities and parish events is often on display at Coffee Hour and in our service bulletin. Hope you will join us.
How can I become involved?
Attend a Newcomer Class or Dinner (contact us for details).
Grow in Faith
- Join an ongoing Cell Group
- Attend a Newcomers Class or Dinner
- Participate in a Bible Study
- Learn about our different ministries
Worship with Joy
- Music/Singing: Adult Choir, Children’s Choir (K-6th grade), and Tone Chimes (occasional).
- Provide worship support including: Acolyte, Altar Guild, Eucharistic Minister, Greeter, Intercessor, Lector, Usher and Verger.
Act for Justice
- Help feed the food insecure: Back Door Food Pantry
- Help shelter the homeless: Alpha House shelter (families), Rotating Shelter, support Refugee Resettlement, support Sanctuary
- Support Haiti Outreach Mission: Work on benefit events, and support relief projects.
- Participate in a Service Sunday Outreach project
Hospitality and Fellowship Ministries
- Provide snacks for Coffee Hour
- Visit the sick & housebound
- Take meals to parish families when needed
- Attend or host Fellowship dinners
- Provide office assistance
- Join a Commission: Care & Belonging, Children & Youth, Stewardship, Adult Education, Parish Resources and Worship.
Who are our staff?
How can I join St. Clare's?
To join St. Clare’s, simply contact us. Request to be added to our online members directory. Join us for worship on a regular basis, participate in parish life and our ministries as God calls you, and support St. Clare’s through your time, talent, and treasure. If you have any questions about your faith or transferring your membership, our clergy will be glad to talk with you. Welcome to St. Clare’s!
What about name tags?
We want to meet and get to know visitors and newcomers. Single-use visitor name tags are available on the front table. Magnetic name tags are provided to those joining St. Clare’s. Contact our office to get a magnetic name tag.
What makes St. Clare's unique?
The first thing many visitors notice about St. Clare’s is that a Cross and a Star of David stand side-by-side in front of our building. These symbols show our participation in Genesis through which St. Clare’s and the Reform Jewish congregation of Temple Beth Emeth jointly own, operate and share our facilities in the Genesis partnership. St. Clare’s and the Temple participate together in a number of outreach activities, including support for homeless families through Alpha House and the Rotating Shelter, support for refugee sanctuary and resettlement, and together with the Muslim community, provide food for the hungry at the Back Door Food Pantry. We also join together yearly to give thanks for God’s bounty at our pre-Thanksgiving service, and at other social and educational events throughout the year.