2020 / 2021 Season Volunteer & Donation Opportunities
We Are Partnering with the March host site – Zion Lutheran. MEALS and VOLUNTEER HOSTS PLEASE SIGNUP HERE: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f4aa8a62ea3fe3-zion
- Meals (7 PM) drop off, or stay and serve | meals can be ready to serve or individually wrapped, contact James Rivard for details: (734) 846-5694.
- Evening Hosts (7 PM to midnight) welcome guests and assist/serve dinner. Stay until the SAWC Staff “Overnight Host” arrives at midnight.
- Evening/Overnight Hosts (7 PM to 7 AM) welcome guests and assist/serve dinner. This host may sleep after the SAWC Staff person arrives at midnight – there is a separate sleeping room for hosts, mattress provided BYO pillow/bedding. This position can be shared by two volunteers – coordinate on your own with another volunteer and signup with both names in the details. Note: Do not signup for the “Overnight Host” position – they are the SAWC staff person.
- ALL VOLUNTEERS, PLEASE READ (1) Zion Lutheran’s Site Specific Guidelines and (2) our Rules and Boundaries for the 2020 / 2021 Rotating Shelter.
Zion Lutheran is located at 1501 W. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor, MI
Questions: please contact James Rivard (Zion Lutheran’s Site Coordinator) at (734) 846-5694 or one of our Co-Coordinators below.
Volunteer Basic Information: We are partnering with Zion Lutheran who is hosting the Rotating Shelter Guests for the month of March, 2021. While host volunteers and meals are much appreciated, we know many of our dedicated volunteers will not be able to serve this year. Individuals who consider serving should think about their health and safety, and review the information here. Drivers are not needed this year. The Shelter Association has implemented strict COVID precautions including mandatory weekly testing of Guests, and mandatory mask wearing except when guests are eating or on their distanced sleeping mats. All Guests and Volunteer Hosts must wear masks, social distance, and use COVID precautions. In addition, we ask you to PLEASE READ the Zion Lutheran’s Site Specific Guidelines and our 2020 / 2021 Rules and Boundaries. which have more information. This information will not only help you make an informed decision about whether to volunteer, it will also make your volunteering go more smoothly for you and the Guests. Our Co-Coordinator Knut Hill has already volunteered as an overnight host this season and reports that “it was safe and, as in years past, this is a rewarding opportunity to help some of the people who are experiencing homelessness in our area.” If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask – contact James Rivard for questions about meals or other site specific questions (contact info above) or for general questions contact Knut (contact info below). Thank you!
MONETARY DONATIONS to the Shelter Association are especially appreciated this year! Make your contribution online or by mail by visiting the Shelter Association’s Donation Page. Thank you!
THANK YOU to ALL of our volunteers from this year, years past, and in the future! You make it possible to run the Rotating Shelter !
Past Sign Ups for 2020 / 2021 Season:
- December, 2020: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f4aa8a62ea3fe3-first1
- January, 20201: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f4aa8a62ea3fe3-stluke
- February, 20201: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f4aa8a62ea3fe3-second
- March (see above)
Questions: contact the James Rivard, the March Site Coordinator (above), or Knut Hill at 734.657.1498
Co-Coordinators for the Genesis Rotating Shelter:
- Knut Hill (St. Clare’s)
- Noreen DeYoung (Temple Beth Emeth)
- Pete Millar (St. Clare’s)
- Linda Klimach (St. Clare’s)