Covid Stimulus checks have started to arrive in the bank accounts of those of us who qualified for a payment. Some people in our congregation have indicated that they would like to donate some or all this money to those in more need due to the economic impact of Covid-19. If you are interested in doing the same, please consider making a special donation to the Outreach General Fund. We support several ministries, and we will help steer donations to organizations where we can be sure the money will be put to good use during the ongoing pandemic. Strong consideration will also be given to organizations and programs targeting racial injustice.
Through the Outreach General Fund, these organizations could receive additional St. Clare’s support:
- Alpha House
- Back Door Food Pantry
- Church of the Good Shepherd Community Learning Center
- Haiti Mission
- Level II Sanctuary Congregation
- Poor Peoples Campaign
- Refugee Resettlement through Jewish Family Services
- Religious Action for Affordable Housing
- Shelter Association of Washtenaw Count/Rotating Shelter
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church of Detroit/Corner Shower and Laundry
- Washtenaw Interfaith Coalition for Immigrants Rights
- Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels
Donations can be made online (Give (ncsservices.org)) or by check. If you choose to make your donation online, please choose “Other” for the Fund and then type “Outreach General Fund” in the note. If donating by check, please write “Outreach General Fund” in the memo line.