It has already been a very difficult summer. The wave of mass shootings never seems to crest. It’s all right to feel challenged, sad, and frustrated. But we can’t give up. So this summer, we’re preparing for a fall of action with teach-ins and training.
Join us for a virtual Teach-In from 7 to 8 p.m. on July 21 via Zoom. Register here.
During our July teach-in, we’ll focus on:
- Who the gun violence epidemic is impacting and how
- What changes will occur as a result of the landmark gun violence legislation Congress passed in June
- What the impact of the Supreme Court decision striking down local gun laws might be
- What actions are we going to take in the fall to demand change
Speakers will include:
- US Congresswoman Debbie Dingell
- Dr. Patrick Carter, Director of the University of Michigan Firearm Injury Prevention Institute
- Celeste Kanpurwala, Michigan President, Mom’s Demand Action for Gun Sense
- Additional speakers will be announced as they are confirmed.